Challenge ends April 12th @ noon
For 35 years, VYCC has provided meaningful jobs and valuable training to young people. We pay young people (ages 15 and up) to complete hands-on conservation and food security projects on small crews across Vermont. These amazing experiences help develop leadership, teamwork, and professional skills.
This year, we are strengthening programs to ensure we are truly setting young people up to change the world. With help from you and the Gannett Foundation, we can pursue these initiatives:
1. We will help Corps Members find successful career paths that align with their skills and interests. Staff dedicated to Member and Alumni Services will help Corps Members learn about future opportunities so they pursue their next adventure with the tools, skills, and connections they need. We’ll work 1-on-1 with Members during and after the season.
2. Members will earn a Workforce Readiness Certificate, which will document specific skills they gain through real-world practice and workshops. We will then help Corps Members write a resume that conveys their skills to potential employers.
3. All-Corps events will bring all Members together mid-session to dive deep into topics like water quality and sustainable agriculture. Each crew completes projects that improve Vermont’s lands, waters, and communities; we’re bringing it all together to understand the big picture, and celebrate crews’ collective contributions.
4. All-Corps events and an extended orientation are also strategies to ensure Corps Members have a successful experience with VYCC. We are prepared to meet shifting needs of young people by adding mental health supports, and diversity and inclusion practices.
5. We will make the VYCC experience possible for every Vermonter who wants it. We currently receive three applications for every position. With your support, expanded programming could begin as early as 2020.
We are unifying 6,000+ alumni, supporters, project partners, and amazing staff as one big team making Vermont a great place to live, work, and explore. #OneCorpsAllCorps
Dig in with us!