Freedom of the Press Foundation protects and defends public-interest journalism in the 21st century. We use digital security, internet advocacy and crowdfunding to support brave journalists and whistleblowers worldwide. Our projects include:
- , the open-source whistleblower submission system in over sixty news organizations worldwide, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Pro Publica, the Intercept, and the New Yorker.
- , which documents and counts virtually every press freedom violation in the United States, including journalist arrests, physical attacks, subpoenas, censorship orders, and more.
- , which automatically tracks the deployment of HTTPS encryption across over 100 news sites, to protect reader privacy and security.
- , the Android app that acts as a security system in your pocket, developed with Edward Snowden and the Guardian Project.
- to thousands of journalists and filmmakers in the U.S. and around the world.
Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Any donations made to FPF through this fundraising effort are tax deductible in the United States, but please consult your tax professional for more information.