Reasons I am running the Chicago Marathon (in no particular order):
1) I will be in the area, so why not?!
2) I need a new hobby (or rather, increased time commitment to an existing hobby) now that most of my friends have graduated from medical school and dispersed throughout the country.
3) Great cause - read more below.
4) I want the bragging rights.
5) Running improves my mental health and decreases anxiety, and I can only assume that running LONGER does that MORE.
6) Running burns calories and increases my appetite, which means I can eat more delicious food
Ways you can help me run the Chicago Marathon:
1) Go on training runs with me!!! Seriously. I'm so bad at running by myself. If we are ever in the same place between now and October, please run with me.
2) Donate to my team at the Chicago Women's Health Center.
3) If you happen to be in Chicago on October 13, either a) come run a chunk of the race with me (is that allowed?) or b) come cheer me on and make it too embarassing to stop.
4) Send me a friendly text or give me a call between now and October and guilt trip me into sticking to my training plan.
Thanks for reading and for supporting me and this cause!!
Chicago Women’s Health Center (CWHC) envisions a world in which all people have access to comprehensive, affordable, and sensitive health care. CWHC’s mission is to facilitate the empowerment of women and trans people by providing access to health care and health education in a respectful environment where people pay what they can afford. The organization’s non-judgmental approach, combined with its emphasis on cultural competence, creates an environment in which individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences are able to access quality, affordable health care services and education.