REASONS TO BELIEVE IN THE PARK
We all utilize Hudson River Park almost every day without even understanding the uniqueness, depth and history of this amazing landscape. Did you know:
• The Park is nearly 550 acres of lush greenery, protected waters and beautiful Piers along the majestic Hudson River, the longest waterfront park in the country
• Multiple organizations, and over 400,000 athletes, rely on the Park’s beloved fields and courts for competition
• The Park includes one of the most popular (2,000,000 cyclists a year!) and well-maintained bike paths in the country
• 100,000 people visit the Park daily during the summer to run with their dog, play a game of basketball, or to just lay on the grass and soak up the riverfront views
• Hudson River Park offers the most diverse options for active recreation of any park in NYC, with water and land sports including Kayaking, Swimming, Sailing, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Skateboarding and Flying Trapeze
• Setting standards for waterfront parks nationally, the Park has included River stewardship as a major part of its mission, dedicating significant resources to preserving and protecting the delicate ecosystem of the Hudson River and its environment.
• Unlike other city and state parks, Hudson River Park receives no government funding for its maintenance, programming and operations, relying solely on private funds to keep the Park thriving.
Without your critical support, Hudson River Park will not be able to offer and maintain its one-of-a-kind atmosphere and activities. So, step up to the plate, give back and claim ownership of this recreational paradise in your own backyard!
or join a pentathlon team
How To Register For The Team Pentathlon
If you have clicked on “Register Your Pentathlon Team”, you are well on your way to creating one of the 36 formidable teams taking part in this challenge! By taking the first step in this challenge, you have accepted the role and responsibilities that come with being a Team Captain.
Register Your Pentathlon Team (Captain Responsibilities):
- 1) Sign-up your team for the competition
a. Choose a team name
b. Pay the Registration fee (the $4,000 donation is for the full team)
- 2) Create your team’s fundraising page
- 3) Recruit 9 teammates and ensure they register (at least 4 women!)
a. Share your team name and password
b. Share discount code (will be provided in separate email)
- 4) Make sure your teammates join your team’s fundraising page
- 5) Prepare to battle it out for the Hudson River Park Cup on Saturday, June 13th 2015!
Join A Pentathlon Team (Member Responsibilities):
- 1) Bypass the “Create a Team” prompt
- 2) Click on “Join a Team”
a. Enter Team Name and password
- 3) Click “promotional code” and enter the code provided by your Team Captain
- 4) Create your personalized fundraising page with your team!
As part of The Games, we are putting together an array of unique, experiential and VIP activities. We look forward to sharing some exciting offers in the near future!
EVENT DATE: Jun 13, 2015
IT’S THE NEXT BIG THING. A DAY OF COMPETITION LIKE NO OTHER.
The inaugural Hudson River Park Games is a fundraising event that will be as unique and exciting as the Park itself with:
- A Competitive Team Pentathlon where teams will be competing in 5 athletic disciplines over the course of the day, with the winning team capturing the Hudson River Park Cup!
- Premium Individual Sports and Activities for those looking to try something new in the Park
- The delivery.com Games Village with plenty of free activities and programming for all ages
This fundraising event supports Hudson River Park – the premier 21st-century waterfront park hugging Manhattan’s Westside shoreline for a 4-mile stretch from Chambers Street to 59th (a nearly 550-acre footprint!).
For more information about the day, check out our FAQs section as well as our website: www.hudsonriverpark.org/TheGames.