The mission of WoMen’s Rural Advocacy Programs, Inc. (WRAP) is to provide safety; advocacy and assistance for those victimized by domestic violence in Southwest Minnesota; as well as community awareness though prevention and education. WRAP promotes social change through equality, honesty and an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
Since its beginning in 1994, WRAP’s policy has been to recognize the needs of domestic violence victims it serves in Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood & Yellow Medicine Counties in Southwestern Minnesota. WRAP uniquely aids rural individuals and their children who are or have been victims of domestic violence by offering the following FREE & CONFIDENTIAL services:
* 24-Hour Crisis Line: Access to an Advocate, day or night, to discuss options or just to listen.
* Safe Housing: Provide access to short and long-term emergency safe-housing options
* Emergency Transportation: Provide access to transportation options to ensure safety and security
* Legal & Court Advocacy: Assist with the completion and filing of restraining orders, attend hearings with clients, inform clients about the court/legal process, act as a form of support, and help process the outcome of the hearing afterward.
* Safety Planning: Assist with setting up a personalized, practical plan that includes ways to remain safe while in a relationship, planning to leave, or after.
* Information Referral: Connect those with self-identifying needs get connected to resources and support services to help them get through, over or under hurdles that keep them “stuck” in abusive situations.
* Support Group: Support groups are available to those who have experienced abusive relationships. This can be in a group setting or one-on-one.
* Community Education: Raising awareness about domestic violence and the support services available for individuals and their families.
* Systems Coordination: Walking along side of individuals, helping them to navigate their way through community resources and or the court/criminal justice process.
* Referral and Resources for those of Color: Access to culturally specific resources.