ROWDY GIRL SANCTUARY INC wrote -
Help fund our winterizing project to keep our cows, pigs, horses, chickens and turkey (just one!) safe and warm this winter.
We need to insulate the foundation of the 96 acres our animals live on. We need to provide safe transportation in and out without bogging down in mud, and more. The following is what we need in order to shore up our foundation so that we can safely and confidently take care of our sanctuary family. This project takes us through April 2016.
1) Roads are in need of repair. We will need:
a. Limestone – 7 loads - $550/load = $$3850
b. Sand – 15 loads - $120/load = $1800
2) We are in desperate need of 2 more sheds (45x16) (dry space) so that we can adequately house the cows we have and the new ones that we’ve acquired (13 rescues), and there are some that are pregnant from the initial phase of developing RGS non profit. We will need:
a. Plywood, 4x6’s, 2x4’s, 1x4’s, tin and cattle panel’s (appx $3000 each) = $6000
3) Storage Building - $1000 – 8x8 storage building delivered
4) Feed – Liquid Feed, Feed sacks & Solid Licks – (hay has already been donated) $8100 (we have 45 cows = $1/day for 6 months – (180 days appx) 180 x 45 = $8100
5) Hay Rings – 6 - $175 each x 6 = $1,050
6) Feeding Troughs & $175 each – = $525
Add all of that up – total project for the winter through April 2016 is: $22,325
The 2nd component for having s successful winter is VOLUNTEERS:
We have a volunteer network and we need you – we are building a team so that we are always covered here at Rowdy Girl and so that a few people aren’t the ones doing all the work. There is work to be done here every single day, and with us being less than a year into our non-profit status, we rely heavily on volunteers to get us through the day, week and months ahead. If you would like to be a volunteer, go to our website, fill out the paperwork and submit. And then , go to our Rowdy Girl Volunteer Team on facebook – search for: Rowdy Girl Volunteer Team
Choose Your Donation Level