WCC Half Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 06, 2014
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Jun 01, 2014
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Jun 01, 2014
The Whitin Community Center provide numerous free or deeply discounted programs within the community. Funds raised through this WCC Half Marathon Training Program will help ensure these programs continue. Examples of these community programs are:
- Provide significantly discounted programs for seniors.
- Provide significantly discounted programs for people with developmental and physical disabilities including special education students from local schools and organizations.
- Provide work experience programs for developmental disabled young people.
- Collect donations for area food pantries, military care packages, and toys for tots programs organized by local veterans groups.
- Provide donations and raffle items for local police, fire, and school events and fundraisers.
- Work with The Coalition to identify and provide resources for people in need in the Northbridge community. The Coalition is an ongoing partnership of students, parents, educators, professionals and concerned citizens.
- Volunteer with other organizations in our area including the Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce, the John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor, Parks and Recreation, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, and more.
- Offer facilities and grounds for events in our community including Northbridge Operation Graduation, Uxbridge Safe Graduation, Greenway Challenge, Whitin Five Mile Thanksgiving Day Road Race, Boy Scout and Girl Scout events, and other non-profit events.
- Provide meeting location for non-profit and faith-based organizations and groups.
- Host free annual family events including Santa Night, Kids Fair & Eggstravaganza.
- Maintain the components of the Youth Outreach program (Rockdale Youth Center, Saturday Outreach, Mentoring Partnership, and Summer Youth Theatre).
- Promote Bone Marrow Drive and American Red Cross Blood Drives held on site.
- Provide meeting space for RAD (Rape Aggression Defense) Program offered by the Northbridge Police Department.
- Share our facility with the public during a state of emergency.
- Post events and notices by other non-profits in the area on our Community Bulletin Board.