PARENTS AGAINST CANCER
IRC section 501(c)(3) Tax ID #76-0529424
THE PEOPLE BEHIND PARENTS AGAINS CANCER (PAC)
PAC really is people just like you! People whose lives have somehow been touched by childhood cancer and blood disorders. We offer this web site to keep you in touch with things happening both in the hospital and in the outpatient setting. It is also a channel to find out about many of the events and people that you care about.
WHAT DOES PARENTS AGAINST CANCER DO?
- is a non-profit organization affiliated with Jonathan Jaques Children's Cancer Center at Miller Children's Hospital, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, California
- has available the L.I.S.A. fund to provide emergency assistance to families.
- publishes a newsletter three times per year.
- helps coordinate educational events such as the Fall Family Forum and participates in the Belmont Short Christmas Parade.
- provides a parent voice that is heard by physicians, psychosocial and administration at JJCCC.
- has monthly parent support groups at the hospital, facilitated by a psychosocial team member.
- has a board member who regularly attends the hospital philanthropic committee meetings and the JJCCC Advisory Board Meetings.
- is constantly looking for ways to raise money for our emergency fund, newsletter and general fund.
- PAC board members are people just like you who want to give a little of themselves in order to help others.
TOUR OF LONG BEACH
On May 11th, the 2019 Tour of Long Beach (TOLB) is taking place to benefit pediatric cancer. Celebrating 10 years, the TOLB is the city’s premier charity bike ride event. Over 2,500 cyclists are expected to cycle through the bike paths and streets of Long Beach and Orange County. This event not only draws riders from all over Southern California, but cyclists come from other states and internationally to help raise awareness. Cyclists finish their ride at the Tour’s finish-line festival and beer garden.
All proceeds raised benefit the Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Institute and our new nonprofit partner, Parents Against Cancer. The Jonathan Jaques Children's Cancer Institute (JJCCI) at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach provides quality, compassionate care to children of all ages—infants, children and adolescents—with cancer, sickle cell disease, hemophilia and other serious blood disorders. For over 34 years, Parents Against Cancer has provided financial assistance for transportation, utility bills, housing and groceries to families whose children have been afflicted by cancer.