EVENT DATE: May 03, 2015
May 3-8, 2015
"I was just overly impressed with every aspect of this ride. It and all of the people involved were wonderful. Can’t wait till next year. This was the most challenging and exhilarating thing I have done in a long time. There were great people riding and the support was flawless Thanks for the opportunity to help so many people that will never know that we did. That is what makes it special." -4 Year Tour du Rouge Rider
Your participation in the Tour du Rouge supports American Red Cross Chapters along the Gulf Coast from Houston to New Orleans.
- The American Red Cross provides emergency assistance when people are forced from their homes by fires, floods or other disasters.
- Military families stay connected through American Red Cross Emergency Communication.
- American Red Cross CPR and First Aid courses teach people to save a life, while American Red Cross swim lessons help protect our children's lives.
- The vast majority of these services are provided by our trained and dedicated volunteers, the heart of the American Red Cross. The American Red Cross is neighbors helping neighbors.
- The American Red Cross is not a government agency and receives its financial support through donations from the American public.
As you ride along the Gulf Coast, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are helping your neighbors by making life better in these communities.
"I flew out of Ohio with the mindset that this ride was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I would never be able to do something like this again. I left on Saturday from New Orleans disheartened that the ride was ALREADY over, and ready to ride somewhere else… It seemed, to me, like EVERYTHING on every single day could not have run any smoother." -4 year Tour du Rouge Rider
- Ride Dates: May 3-8 , 2015
- 533 miles total, average ride of 88 miles per day
- Rest Stops every 20-25 miles
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks provided
- Double occupancy motel accommodations provided starting May 3rd
- Fully Supported with SAG vehicles, Mechanical and First Aid Support
- Bus trip back to Houston provided
- Bicycle transport back to Houston provided
- Limited to 200 riders
"The most wonderful part of the whole trip was when we got to the hotel every night; our bag was already in our room! What a relief to not have to carry that monster up to the room. I could write a three page paper and still not feel like I have complimented the folks involved in organizing the ride. You guys were awesome. I will 100% be returning next year. What an unbelievable experience!"-4 year Tour du Rouge Rider
- Nonrefundable registration fee $100
- Minimum fundraising requirement $2,500 (Personal fundraising website will be provided)
- Experienced rider able to ride an average speed of 15 mph not including rest stop time
"I walked away from this, perfectly planned and executed, ride completely inspired! I've always known the Red Cross was out there. I never knew just how Great an organization it is! I will forever be a supporter and contributor! All of your hard work paid off, what a success!! I hope we met your expectations and would love to return. The food, lodging, and every aspect of the tour was perfect!" -2 year Tour du Rouge Rider
Every 60 seconds ... the lifesaving mission of the Red Cross has benefited 250 people.
You are helping to save the day when disasters strike. When a neighbor's house burns down. When someone needs a lifesaving blood transfusion. When a family needs to contact a deployed service member in an emergency. When a child needs a hug and a blanket.
Get Started! Click on "Register" below to sign up for the experience of a lifetime!
The gift that SAVES THE DAY is the gift you give today.
Start Date: Sunday, May 3, 2015
End Date: Friday, May 8, 2015