Jackson Chance Foundation's (JCF) mission is to enrich the lives of families with babies in the NICU by allowing them to spend more time with their baby. JCF created the NICU Transportation Program to partner with hospitals and alleviate the transportation expenses of all families while their child is in the NICU by providing parking and CTA/Metra vouchers. The programs are fully funded by JCF. Currently, the foundation's program benefits the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
By contributing to the Jackson Chance Foundation, you help families be with their critically ill child, thus enriching and potentially extending their life.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Most families spend months in the NICU. Not weeks or days.
- For a mother and father to spend a fraction of the time they would spend with their baby if at home, it would cost over $1100/month in parking alone!
- To see your critically ill child daily it cost more than the avg monthly mortgage or rent payment.
- Monthly passes are NOT available to individuals.
“High parking and public transportation cost often hinders the ability of parents to visit their babies who often require months of the highest level of neonatal intensive care,” said Dr. James W. Collins, Medical Director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. “The initiative to fully fund parents’ transportation cost will remove the major barrier to parental visitation. More frequent hospital visits will facilitate parental-infant bonding, encourage timely communication with the medical team, and reduce parental anxiety.”
With complimentary parking/transportation, no parent will have to make the heart wrenching decision between visiting their baby everyday or paying for their mortgage – or even food. No family should have to make that choice.
- $15 provides one daily parking pass
- $150 provides for approx. 1 week of parking
- $250 provides for one month of parking for one family
- $3000 provides for one year of parking for one family
Jackson Chance Foundation is an Illinois non-for-profit, tax exempt 501(c) (3) organization.