The Medina Hustle
EVENT DATE: Oct 22, 2016
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Oct 22, 2016
WELCOME TO THE SECOND ANNUAL MEDINA HUSTLE!
This is a family friendly, action-packed, "amazing race" style event that will having everyone excited to compete, complete challenges, raise money, and be the first across the finish line - all for a great cause!
If you don't know about Stand Up For Downs please watch the video or scroll to the bottom to learn more about us and where all money raised will go. Or, head on over to our website at http://www.standupfordowns.org
Teams are comprised of up to 2 families or 10 people(okay, if you have big families, we can add a couple more).
Register your team, then send the link to as many family members, friends, work friends and other contacts as possible. Ask if they can help support your team with some $$$. Show up to Mugrage Park(4985 Windfall Road, Medina) at 2PM on October 22nd and be ready to Hustle! Complete the challenges, earn points, bonus points, and move fast to be the first to cross the finish line.
Dinner and awards will be presented at Mugrage Park once all the teams have arrived.
Tips on how to raise money:
- Ask! I know it's hard, but it's a great cause, and people will want to help out.
- Tell them it will help you WIN! Yes, more points for raising the most money!
- Send through FaceBook, Twitter, Email, and ask people personally.
Team Tools For The Event:
- Good shoes and clothes - you'll be hustling!
- Some money - some of the challenges do require you to buy things, but you should not need to spend more than $25 per team total
- Phone(s) with camera and video and ample storage room - you'll be sending the pics from your challenges once completed
- Sidewalk Chalk
- An appetite - some of the challenges do require eating
How To Win:
- Most points win
- Teams are ranked and given points for the following:
- Most money raised
- Fastest to cross the finish line (10 minutes deducted for any incomplete challenge)
- Bonus points - 2 points - Teams can earn up to 2 bonus points on various challenges
- Bonus points - 5 points - Teams can earn 5 bonus points for various challenges
Yes, there will be prizes for the top 3 team finishers! And all the kids will get something as well!
Dinner and After Party:
Under the pavilion at Mugrage Park. The dinner is optional for each participant but we will need to know 1 week ahead of time. It is $10 per person and consists of hamurgers, hot dogs, sausages, fruit, pasta, chips, cookies, non-alcoholic beverages.
You can pay with cash or check for the dinner at the event.
We'll also have music, awards, and prizes, plus it's a great park for the kids to play on the playground.
Can't wait to have you a part of the MEDINA HUSTLE!! Soon to be Medina's biggest fundraising event.
MORE ABOUT STAND UP FOR DOWNS:
Stand Up For Downs is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to enhancing the lives of those with Down syndrome through humor. We raise money by producting comedy events and other unique fundraisers(like the Hustle!) and distributing that money to the many amazing organizations locally and nationally that honor a similar mission. Since our inception in 2013, we have raised over $340,000.
For more information on our charity and where your support will go, please go to:
Or our Crowdrise Event page: