The Life Group LA is a coalition of people dedicated to the education, empowerment and emotional support of persons both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS so that they may make informed choices and decisions regarding their healthcare and personal well being.
Founded in 2005 The Life Group LA provides free of charge, much needed information and emotional support through medical forums, emotional support groups and the POZ Life Weekend Seminar. All services are offered in a non-judgmental and safe environment with compassion and understanding.
Safety, respect and confidentiality are the cornerstones of our philosophy. We accomplish this by providing trained support group facilitators for our emotional support groups and our POZ Life Weekend Seminar. These facilitators have been trained in the art of active listening and conduct themselves with empathy and compassion.
We are all a part of the Strategy to End AIDS!
Here are just a few ways your donation helps us help others!! !
- Your $25 donation provides up to data educational materials for each participant of the weekend seminar
- Your $50 donation brings delicious and nutritious snacks to the participants so they can keep their energy up for the weekend
- Your $100 donation sponsors art materials for interactive seminars during the weekend
- Your $250 donation sponsors mediation and yoga supplies for the seminar
- Your $500 donation sponsors access to a licensed clinical consultant for the weekend
- Your $1000 donation sponsors a delicious lunch for for all participants and volunteers for one day of the weekend.
- Your $5000 donation sponsors the cost of a weekend produced locally in the Los Angeles area
- Your $25,000 donation sponsors the cost of a weekend outside of Los Angeles to other communities in need across the US