The Wise Heart Community for Devotional Practice and Study is an interfaith group of yoga practitioners and teachers striving through devotion, community, and service to live life to good purpose and in the light of our true nature. We are excited to join with yoga teachers and practitioners throughout the Baltimore region to practice yoga for a good cause at Salute the Sun Wisely: a day of yoga to raise awareness about sun safety and funds for melanoma research.
Buchner Hall (Alumni House), Goucher College
Schedule of Events:
- Doors open at noon
- 12:10-12:40 – Why and How We Salute the Sun: Patradhara (Patricia Barnes)
- 12:45-1:15 - Sun Salutation Relay, round 1 (dedicated to those we have lost) led by the Wise Heart Community
- 1:15-1:45 – Workshop: Introduction to Tibetan Yoga Practices – Sri Priya (Sharon Harty)
- 1:50-2:20 - Sun Salutation Relay, round 2 (dedicated to those who are battling) led by Yama Yoga Collective
- 2:20-2:50 – Workshop: Minding your Postures and Alignment - Mark Garner
- 2:55-3:25 - Sun Salutation Relay, round 3 (dedicated to those who have survived) led by Team Ulman
- 3:25-3:55 – Workshop: Balancing the Chakras - Tanmayi (Christine Garrison)
- 4:00-4:30 - Sun Salutation Relay, round 4 (dedicated to those who are working toward a cure)
- 4:30-5:00 - Yoga Nidra: Mira Tessman
- 5:00-7:00 - Kirtan: Adan Ayala, Alex Steele and friends, Patradhara, Bill, and the Wise Heart Community—bring your instruments and your singing voices; children welcome!
Ongoing throughout the day:
- Yoga Garage Sale: books, CDs, devotional items, clothing, and more, all at bargain prices
- Raffle: prizes include jewelry, t-shirts, gift certificates, and more
- Sunscreen & Skin Care Product Samples
- Sun Safety Tips
ALL EVENTS AND PARKING ARE FREE OF CHARGE.
DONATIONS WILL BE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED
Please join us on May 1 and support our cause!