BENEFITING: RACING TO REGISTER
ORGANIZER: RACING TO REGISTER
EVENT: Marine Corps Marathon 2014
EVENT DATE: Oct 26, 2014
RACING TO REGISTER wrote -
In 2014 we are back at the Marine Corps Marathon, in Washington, D.C. We will have 50 runners helping raise awarness for the need to have more people join the Bone Marrow Registry. The MCM is one of the most popular events on the planet. You can join 35,000 other runners and help inspire others to live, fight cancers, and people to join the Bone Marrow Donor Registry. It’s easy! Think you cannot run 26.2? Well goBEYONDpossible and know you can. Think of the determination it takes to go through a marrow or stem cell transplant! 26.2 is easy compared to that.
We need more people on the registry, consider:
- Only 40% of those in need find a match
- Leukemia is the number one childhood killer
- Minorties have a signifcantly lower chance of finding a match
- More than 10,000 people every year trun to the registry to find a donor
- The chance of matching with a family member is only 30%
We need your support to continue to raise awareness and get more people to join the regsitry. A gift of only $65 buys one testing kit.
Thanks for supporting RTR!