Our Mission Band Against MS, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3), or not-for-profit, public charity committed to providing educational information for those living with Multiple Sclerosis, funding programs researching a cure for Multiple Sclerosis, and funding programs helping those living with the disease. Nationally acclaimed recording artist Clay Walker established BAMS in February 2003 because he wanted to help others living with the same disease he has battled since 1996.
The Five Goals Of BAMS Include:
- To help provide hope for people to better live with MS "today";
- To educate those living with MS about the importance of working with a doctor to help manage MS;
- To encourage individuals living with MS to seek appropriate treatment;
- To fund research seeking a cure for the disease; and
- Educate individuals on how to better live with MS "today."
Band Against MS provides educational information and research grants to institutions searching for a cure or treatment for MS, and fund programs that help those living with the disease.
By continuing to fund research, Band Against MS gives those living with Multiple Sclerosis hope for the future. We are sincerely grateful for the individuals, groups and businesses that contribute to BAMS’ success and recognize that they are at the core of our endeavor. Additionally, we strongly encourage those with Multiple Sclerosis to seek out and maintain a physician-prescribed drug therapy.