Aisha Francis-Samuels via Crowdrise
April 04, 2012
BENEFITING: Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath)
ORGANIZER: Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath)
EVENT: 2012 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 16, 2012
Crittenton Women's Union Inc wrote -
Crittenton Women's Union (CWU) is proud to field our first-ever marathon team with the partnership and support of John Hancock.
With a fund-raising goal of $25,000 and a commitment to raising awareness, Team CWU will powerfully contribute to our mission to help low-income women and their families build better futures for themselves and their families. In 2011, CWU programs served 1,400 people through our housing, alternative education, career development, and family support programs.
- Nearly 95% of CWU program participants have incomes below the poverty line
- 90% of CWU program participants have only a GED or high school diploma or less.
CWU takes a unique approach, working with each person long-term as she acquires the skills necessary to create an economically secure life. Our independent research advances continuous program improvements and innovation that helps our participants succeed. In 2011
- CWU’s GED program graduated more students than any of the other 26 programs in the city of Boston
- Nearly 100% of our career development course graduates got jobs or enrolled in an education program
- Program participants in a CWU pilot program increased their average monthly income by 14% within two years
To learn more about CWU, visit www.liveworkthrive.org.