FringeArts is hosting a 12-hour outdoor dance party marathon fundraiser called FringeA-Thon. Team Sunshine will take home 75% of whatever our team can raise, but mostly we just want to DANCE. With YOU.
Show up at 8pm! The event runs from 12pm-midnight on Saturday, May 20th at the Blue Cross RiverRink. We will be there in full force by 8pm.
Wear as much PINK as you can! Show your Team Sunshine pride by donning anything and everything pink. We'll give you a Team Sunshine sticker to seal the deal.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT FRINGEA-THON John Jarboe, artistic director of The Bearded Ladies Cabaret, host and curator of Get Pegged Cabaret, and general spectacle-maker will be the MC for the evening, coaching dancers through the entire 12 hours. Melanie Cotton, local choreographer and dancer will be leading the step-by-step, communal group dance finale. These DJs will whip the crowd into a sonic frenzy:
- DJ Cosmo Baker, a Philadelphia native and one of New York’s most exciting party-rocking DJs. He is a master of hip-hop, disco & funk, and electronic dance music, which he mixes and matches in his unique style.
- DJ lil’dave, a Philadelphia-based audio tastemaker with a propensity for funky grooves, broken boogie, and thumping bass.
- DJ Dame Luz, the Philadelphia-based DJ, remixer, producer, and promoter behind the legendary Holy Trinity parties and CutNPaste parties.
- DJ Rahsaan, a global-minded DJ and selector specializing in Boogaloo, Cuban rumba, Salsa Dura, Latin Disco, and more.
- DJ Rich Medina, an elite DJ who has joined the handful of DJs at the top of their field, and takes audiences on a sonic journey through hip-hop, house, soul, afrobeat, funk, breaks, and dance classics.
- DJ Royale, whose Philly roots have undeniably shaped his sound and has been described as 'timeless & technical' and has been known for hosting original parties with an 'everybody's welcome' ethos.
Pop-up performances from Philadelphia’s best professional dancers will filter through the crowd, teaching some new moves and demonstrating steps. Dancers include:
- Kemar Jewel and the Xcel Dance Crew, an exciting vogue crew who incorporate dance and theater to make magic.
- Steve Lunger (Steve Believe), a seasoned dance-battle master who will be coordinating friendly dance battles between competing teams.
- Powerhouse Blues, a community-based dance group that brings the blues to life
- Jazz Attack, an energetic and local dance troupe that teaches and practices swing and social dance moves
- Philly Dance Fitness, who will help reach fitness goals through fun and exciting dance moves
- Philadelphia Spin Coalition will keep you spinning with acrobatic hula hoopers