ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER FOUNDATION INC
Tax ID: 20-5397606
BASED: New York, NY, United States
CHARITY WEBSITE: https://teachrock.org
Engaging and meaningful arts integration materials for every classroom. The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation's mission is to to reduce the dropout rate by using popular music to create interdisciplinary, culturally responsive curriculum for all classrooms.
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation's mission is to to reduce the dropout rate by using popular music to create interdisciplinary, culturally responsive curriculum for all classrooms.
ENRICHING THE 21ST CENTURY CLASSROOM.
Rock and Roll Forever Foundation
The Rock and Roll Forever Foundation is a 501(c)(3) established by Steven Van Zandt. TeachRock is the Foundation’s national K-12 curriculum initiative. Created to address the challenges of an environment in which schools face cuts to arts funding, TeachRock includes interdisciplinary, culturally responsive, arts-driven materials designed to keep students engaged and in school. Our groundbreaking curriculum is available at NO COST to educators. Key features include:
- Lesson plans covering topics in social studies, STEAM, language arts, social emotional learning, general music, AP History, media studies, and more.
- Rich historical resources, including archival materials and multimedia content from partner organizations such as CNN, PBS, Reelin’ In the Years, ABC NewsSource, Rock’s Backpages, and dozens of others.
- Alignment with Common Core, ESSA, NAfME, NCSS and other national and state education standards.
- Multimedia support materials featuring timelines, biographies and interviews with legends of popular music.
Where will your donation go?
In order to provide TeachRock FREE-OF-CHARGE to educators everywhere, the Rock and Roll Forever Foundation needs support. We hope that you can help us meet our needs so that we can continue to develop our educational materials and extend our outreach to teachers and students across the country.
Your donation will be used to:
- Help create new lesson plans and educational materials.
- Teacher outreach and Teacher workshops. The workshops are legitimate professional development sessions in which Rock and Roll Forever Foundation staff present concepts and content that empower K-12 teachers of all disciplines to use the TeachRock curriculum in their classrooms.
- Help fund partnership opportunities and events that expand the curriculum beyond the classroom, such as the Sonic Highways Hometown Documentaries series, in which groups of high school students throughout the country researched and created films about the musical history of their hometowns. This led to a statewide collaboration with the New Jersey School Board Association, where TeachRock held the Hometown Documentaries film festival, awarding a complete set of film equipment to the winners at Charter Tech in Atlantic City, and sponsoring a showing of the winning documentary at the Garden State Film Fest in New Jersey.
To access these materials and learn more about the curriculum, visit teachrock.org.