Double your impact to tackle global poverty
Cast your vote for your favorite video by making a donation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match donations up to $100,000.
Donations are still being accepted to support these great organizations. We’ve hit $100k in matching funds.
A huge thank you to everyone who helped!
Global poverty has been cut in half over the last 30 years – but far too many people live without basic medical care, access to education and economic opportunity. VidCon, CrowdRise, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation challenged top YouTube creators to inspire and motivate the next wave of advocates to tackle global poverty. Now, these 5 finalists are competing to raise money for non-profits working to address some of the world’s toughest challenges and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match donations up to $100,000. Watch. Vote. Make a difference.
Click Here for the Official Rules. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
The Global FoodBanking Network
The Global FoodBanking Network is an international nonprofit that works towards a hunger-free future in more than 30 countries by creating, sustaining, and strengthening food banks.
- Video Title: The Cans or Can-Can Challenge!
- Created By: Tom Shields
- Description: Can you do the can-can or will you donate 25 cans of food to your local food bank? Donate to the Global FoodBanking Network.
Heifer International's mission is to work with communities to end world hunger and poverty and to care for the Earth.
- Video Title: Honeybees Against Poverty
- Created By: Claire Hopkins
- Description: Heifer International focuses on empowerment, sustainable agriculture, and community to create long-term solutions to poverty and hunger. By placing valuable livestock and agricultural resources in communities, they strengthen commerce chains and drive development.
For 70 years, across 190 countries and territories, UNICEF defends the rights of every child.
- Video Title: Ending World Hunger -- WillBits
- Created By: Will White
- Description: How much food do you eat in a year? You might be surprised. Especially if that much food were to hit you in the head. All at once. Now imagine the logistics it takes to move that much food around?
She’s The First
She’s The First supports girls who will be the first in their families to graduate high school and trains students everywhere to be global citizens.
- Video Title: Meet Millie - Our Secret Weapon Against Global Poverty
- Created By: Farah Zerehi
- Description: Question: How do we tackle the incredibly important issue of global poverty?Answer: Millennials