Sweet Heat Virtual Challenge
EVENT DATE: Jul 02, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Sep 22, 2016
For years, Hemophilia of Georgia supporters have joined us in towns across Georgia to participate in Trot to Clot events. That all changes this summer because the Trot to Clot is coming to YOU! For our first-ever virtual run/walk event, the Sweet Heat Virtual Challenge, you can run, walk, roll or even dance your way to the finish line to raise funds to support HoG programs and services. Unlike other run/walk events, this one is customizable to fit you and your schedule.
Starting Mon., June 20, you can sign up for the Sweet Heat Virtual Challenge. The entry fee is just $20, and you have until Thurs., September 22, to complete the miles and fundraise for HoG along the way. Donations raised will help HoG continue providing comprehensive care to our clients, support education initiatives nationally and internationally, and benefit essential research to continually improve care for those in the bleeding disorder community, as well as advance efforts to find a cure. Race Details Is this your first virtual race? Here's what you should know.
1. The Distance Is Up to You. The Sweet Heat Walk/Run gives participants three distances to choose from: •5k (3.1 miles) •10k (6.2 miles) •Half-marathon (13.1 miles) How and when you choose to reach the virtual finish line is up to you, as long as the miles are completed by Sat., August 13.
2. You Pick the Pace and the Route. Walk, jog or sprint, but set a pace that’s comfortable for you. You can complete the distance in a single workout, have your training miles for an upcoming event make double the impact by also benefiting bleeding disorder awareness or add a fundraising element to your morning or afternoon strolls. The choice is yours. The Sweet Heat Virtual Challenge also gives you the freedom to choose your own route. Whether you are racking up the miles on a treadmill or exploring new paths in your city, it all benefits HoG.
3. Earn the Swag. The Sweet Heat Challenge might be virtual but the race swag is 100% real. All participants receive a bib upon registration and a Sweet Heat medals after the event officially ends on Sat., August 13. Both the bib and medal are included in the $20 entry fee.
4. Share Your Progress. We want to see what your Sweet Heat Virtual Challenge looks like! Whether you’re weekend run group is participating or you’re completing the challenge solo, show us and other Sweet Heat participants your journey. Use #ThisHeatIsSweet to share your pictures and videos on social media.
5. If you're more of a spectator than a sprinter, that's okay too! Just like the participants in the Sweet Heat Virtual Challenge, members of the bleeding disorder community need cheerleaders and supporters to stay strong. Register to fundraise or donate to an existing fundraising team to make a difference.