Established in 1877
St. Joseph School (1877) and Parish (1882) were founded to provide a center for worship, education, service and community for Catholics in the southwestern corner of Wisconsin. Despite the progress and changes this area has seen, it remains devoted to agriculture. The community has retained its devotion to traditional rural values. St. Joseph Parish continues to serve as the single unifying focal point of community and identity for the people of Sinsinawa. We maintain a close relationship with the Dominican Sisters whose motherhouse is nearby. St. Joseph School plays an integral role in the life of the parish, helping to fulfill its mission.