November 11, 2016
BENEFITING: ST ELMO'S VILLAGE
Fostering creativity is vital: "Early years arts and cultural activities can help develop intrinsic human qualities, such as creativity, expression, identity, culture and imagination." (EarlyArts)
St. Elmo Village is a grassroots, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has contributed, supported, and grown the Arts in Los Angeles for over 46 years through free art workshops, community and cultural events, and tours for elementary school and graduate students to seniors.
We are an example of the creative process made visible through the work.
Our goal for this fundraiser is to make art more accessible and equitable by:
- Expanding our free children and adult workshops as a vehicle for self-expression and personal transformation
- Developing a Mentorship and Tutoring Program to give youth opportunities to develop new skills
- Putting on more community-building events
- Upgrading our 12 year-old computer graphics computers to teach youth tech skills that are vital to their education and career
In addition, our facility structures are 50 to 100+ years old, and the historical buildings are in need of repair and renovation. Campaign funds would help repaint the courtyard mural and the Village buildings so the community can continue to enjoy the space.
Our goal for this year is to raise $45,000, but our DREAM is to raise $311,500 so that we can work towards sustainability, preservation and growing our organization.
We are a volunteer-run organization: 100% of your donation will go towards programming and updates. No amount is too small or large! Your generous tax-deductible donation will go towards:
- Children’s Art Workshops (per year) - $4,000
- Children’s Annual Book Giveaway - $3,000
- Upkeep of the beautiful Village gardens & greenspace - $1,500
- Upgrade computers in the office & Computer Graphics workshop - $9,000
- Program Development- expand on workshops (Computer Graphics, Film photography, and Mentorship programs) - $15,000
- Courtyard Mural restoration - $15,000
- Printed materials (brochures, mailing materials) - $3,000
DREAM funds would go towards:
- Capital improvements to lower carbon footprint (Facility and Building upgrades) - $150,000
- Operations (4 paid staff members total) - $100,000
- Community Liaison stipend - $10,000
Donating just $10 helps two children attend an art workshop for free. Every dollar counts. We need your help!
Gifts for Your Donation
(Please tell us in the 'comment section' if you'd like a gift for your donation level!)
Village Postcard (100 avail.) $20
Handmade Bookmark (44 avail.) $25
Handmade by children from the Children’s Art Workshop
Brochure & Postcard (50 avail.) $50
Hand Silk-Screened Totebag (14/15 avail.) $250
Totes are square-bottomed and made of heavy duty canvas, each hand-printed by artist Michael Cortes.
Children’s Art (6 avail.) $500
Art created by the Village children at the Children’s Art Workshop (+ postcard & brochure)
Tote + more (5 avail.) $1,000
Tote bag, brochure, postcard, and handmade bookmark
Rare 1972 Village Poster by A&M Records (3 avail.) $5,000
The rare, unframed print is an inverted image of the historical Village courtyard and will never be printed again. Truly unique and a part of Los Angeles history! (+ postcard, bookmark & brochure)
Plaque with Your Name (PATRON) (15 avail.) $10,000
Plaques will be hung on a Village building as a Thank You for your bountiful donation.
If you would like a gift for your donation, please include your mailing address and allow 2- 4 weeks for delivery.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING CREATIVITY AND ACCESS TO THE ARTS!