Southern Pines Animal Shelter was founded in 1952 and has a mission to provide humane shelter for homeless and lost cats and dogs, provide affordable spay/neuter and healthy pet services, encourage adoptions, and educate the community about responsible pet ownership. The organization operates an open-admission, no-kill Shelter that cares for more than 7,000 lost and unwanted dogs and cats each year, and also operates a Spay & Neuter Clinic and the Second Chance Thrift Shop. For more information on Southern Pines Animal Shelter, please visit www.SouthernPinesAnimalShelter.org.
Southern Pines Animal Shelter promotes animal welfare and responsible pet ownership in a variety of ways, including:
- Finding homes for unwanted pets
- Providing humane care for all animals in our custody
- Educating the community about the problems of unwanted, neglected, and abused animals
- Operating a low-cost, high-quality spay & neuter clinic for the general public (opened in July 2009)
- Sheltering lost pets and reuniting them with their owners