BENEFITING: CHESTER COUNTY HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
ORGANIZER: CHESTER COUNTY HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Apr 29, 2017
This year, Gavin and I are participating in Side Bar & Restaurant’s Shave Off for SHiNE to help support local families affected by cancer. Through the Shave Off for SHiNE, I have pledged to stop shaving my beard to grow some good and Gavin has pledged to get his first hair cut at the Shave Off - all to raise awareness and funds for SHiNE, a volunteer organization through Chester County Hospital that provides vital services for patients living with cancer.
You can help us #GrowSomeGood by making a donation to support SHiNE and local families with cancer. Feel free to spread the word to family and friends that you think would be interested in supporting my fundraising efforts by sharing my link.Any support you can give will mean so much to me.
Thanks for you support in helping us #GrowSomeGood to help improve lives of families affected by cancer.
Gavin and I are paired with Cruisin' Style Barber Parlor to create my Shave Off team! Together we are both fundraising to try to be the top fundraising team! They will be at the Shave Off for the big event, shaving off my beard and giving Gavin his first ever haircut!!
ABOUT THE SHAVE OFF:
- In 2011, 2013 and 2015, West Chester's Side Bar & Restaurant staff members stopped shaving their beards to raise awareness and funds in support of patients living with cancer in Chester County. Each participant teamed up with a local salon to raise money for SHiNE, a volunteer organization that provides vital services for patients living with cancer. Salon clients and guests of Side Bar were able to donate at their favorite salon, at Side Bar & Restaurant or online.
- This year's SHAVE OFF challenge runs from February 4, 2017 at the Side Bar Shave Off for SHiNE Kick-Off Party until April 29, 2017 at the Side Bar Shave Off for SHiNE. During that time, you can donate to your favorite beard at Side Bar & Restaurant, online or at participating salons.
- Through the generosity of our community partners and caring people like you, SHiNE aims to lessen the burdens of cancer by helping the patient confront their challenges with dignity, determination and hope.
- SHINE is a volunteer organization with medical supervision that provides services designed to give every patient every advantage in their battle with cancer while maintaining an overhead of less than 2%. Your donation will be used carefully to make the greatest impact in the lives of patients living with cancer. Visit PatientShine.org
Your donations to SHINE provide these FREE services:
- A care coordinator or nurse navigator
- Padfolio/organizer to use to keep your paperwork associated with treatment organized
- Transportation to and from treatment
- Anti-nausea medication reimbursement
- Physical therapy co-pay
- Fitness Club Membership and Training
- Support group treatment
- Complimentary therapeutic massage at participating salons
- Complimentary wig fitting and styling at participating salons