EVENT DATE: Jun 01, 2015
When disaster strikes, relief cannot wait. Survivors need shelter, food, water, first aid and emotional support. They need hope, help and hugs. They need the American Red Cross. The Red Cross responds to a local disaster in San Diego and Imperial Counties approximately every 24 hours. Many people are not aware of all the Red Cross does, but the Red Cross is always there, supporting families in need. The Red Cross wants to Help Open People’s Eyes about the organization through the Shelter of HOPE.
In order to get out into the community and share the Red Cross mission, CEO Bill Earley will live in a mock shelter from June 1–June 7, 2015. He will travel throughout the county and pop up in some unexpected places. Each day will have a theme, designed to educate the community about the Red Cross, bring awareness to its role in our region, and remind San Diegans that the Red Cross is here. Check back here to find out where he will be and how it's going!
Join the Shelter Of Hope Effort by joining or donating to a team today!
- Mon June 1 Red Cross HQ 3950 Calle Fortunada 92123
- Tues June 2 Petco Park 100 Park Blvd 92101
- Wed June 3 Parkway Plaza 415 Parkway Plaza 92020
- Thurs June 4 Westfield Carlsbad 2525 El Camino Real 92008
- Fri June 5 Chula Vista Fire Station #4 850 Paseo Ranchero 91910
- Sat June 6 San Diego County Fair 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd 92014
- Sun June 7 Kobey’s Swap Meet 3500 Sports Arena Blvd 92110
- NEW! Mon June 8 Red Cross HQ 3950 Calle Fortunada 92123