Seth and Lauren Rogen via Crowdrise
January 11, 2013
There's a thief out there. And it's robbing people's memories. It's robbing their ability to talk. It's robbing their ability to eat, walk, get dressed, shower, or recognize their loved ones. It's robbing people of their ability to be humans. It's called Alzheimer's, and it's a real mother f@#ker and we've got to do something about it. And we've got to do something now.
Mozilla Firefox is donating $50,000 to the charity that raises the most money. I started my own charity fund, Hilarity for Charity, benefiting the Alzheimer’s Association and we could really use that money! Last year, we lost out by the length of a foreskin, if only I wasn’t circumcised! We were dollar for dollar down to the wire. It was crazy!!!
Back in January, I co-hosted the first annual Hilarity for Charity event. It was balls to the wall awesome and I got my fellow performers to all sign a Ukulele. All you have to do is donate $26 dollars or more before Jan 11th (EST) and you will be entered into a raffle.
Check out the video below to see people signing what could be yours if you donate. Donate twice, double your odds. Get all your family members to donate and the ukulele can become an heirloom! I signed it, but so did Paul Rudd, Aziz Ansari, Ty Burrell, Bruno Mars, Judd Apatow, and more! It’s pretty rad!
And if you missed out on the last event, never fear, April 25, 2013 we’ll be doing it all over again! You have twitter? Follow @SethRogen & @Hilar4Charity. You have FB? “Like” us at facebook.com/hilarity4charity and you’ll be kept in the loop for ticket, performer, and other charity details.
You all rock my world! Thanks!
PS – Curious about the HFC Fund? Here’s some more info for your brain: We started a fund as part of the national Alzheimer’s Association, through which monies raised will be directed to help families struggling with Alzheimer’s care today, increase support groups nationwide, and fund cutting edge research. Great, right?
Did you know:
- Today more than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’sdisease. And they’re not all old and gray. People are developing Alzheimer's in their 30's, 40's, and 50's.
- Another American develops Alzheimer’s disease every 68 seconds.
- By 2050, as many as 16 million Americans will have the disease and an American will develop the disease every 33 seconds. (how old will you be in 2050?)
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America without a way to prevent, cure, or even slow its progression. The ONLY one.