BENEFITING: Family Rescue
Teams I have cheered for so far:
- PLAYOFFS (until they make it to the Stanley Cup Final or get bounced): Pittsburgh Penguins
- April 4 - 13: BREAK
- March 28 - April 3: Washington Capitals
- March 21 - 27: Seattle Thunderbirds
- March 14 - 20: New York Islanders (eligible for donations starting April 4)
- March 7 - 13: Columbus Blue Jackets
- February 29 - March 6: Washington Capitals
- February 22 - 28: Syracuse Crunch
- February 15 - 21: New Jersey Devils
- February 8 - 14: Philadelphia Flyers
- February 1 - 7: St. John's IceCaps
- January 24 - 31: ALL-STAR BREAK
- January 17 - 23: Carolina Hurricanes
- January 10 - 16: Buffalo Beauts
- January 3 - 9: Dallas Stars
- December 27 - January 2: Montreal Canadiens
- December 20 - 26: Boston Blades
- December 13 - 19: Chicago Wolves
- December 6 - 12: Connecticut Whale
- November 29 - December 5: Robert Morris University Colonials
- November 22 - 28: Boston Pride
- November 15 - 21: Boston Bruins
- November 8 - 14: St. Louis Blues
- November 1 - 7: Tampa Bay Lightning
- October 25 - 31: Florida Panthers
- October 18 - 24: Pittsburgh Penguins
- October 11 - 17: St. Louis Blues
- October 4 - 10: Boston Bruins
So, me and the Blackhawks… I’m not saying we’re done for good, but I need to take some time off and see how I feel about them as an organization. Okay, more like a whole season off. But. I still love hockey. What’s a girl to do?
I'm having a little mini-contest every week during hockey season. People donate here and tell me which team they want me to root for. At the end of the week, I count up how many people have donated for each team, and I root for the team with the most donations at the beginning of the next week.
Now, there will be some rules to this. Once I root for a team, I can’t root for them for another month afterward. Also, there’s no minimum limit (beyond Crowdrise's $10 limit). If a Panthers fan is the only one who donates for that week, and it’s $10, I’m going to be a Panthers fan for a week.
So what does “being a fan” mean, exactly? Well, it means I tweet about the winning team at least once a day on @KattyCorner and solely reblog them on my Tumblr for the entire week (from Monday - Sunday). I’ll also change my userpic on Twitter and Tumblr to the logo of the winning team (unless I have a shirt or some other sort of team-related memorabilia – then the userpic will be me wearing or posing with said memorabilia).
And this isn’t limited to the NHL, either! If you can get enough people to donate to make me root for a CWHL, NWHL, KHL, AHL, or ECHL team for the week, that counts! Any team, any league (within reason – unless your beer league team has some sort of internet presence, it’s not really easy to root for them publicly, you see).
So what are you waiting for? Donate and tell me what team to root for next week!