BENEFITING: MERCY CORPS
It doesn't get much news coverage, but today, more than 6 million people in Niger, Mali, and the Sahel region of Africa are facing severe food shortages.
Over 1.3 million individuals are at serious risk from hunger, malnutrition and disease — they need humanitarian assistance now. We must help them.
As a result of yearly droughts, floods, and major crop damage from insects, farmers simply cannot grow enough food to feed their communities and people do not have enough clean water to drink. Adding to the problem is that persistent food shortages have forced food prices to skyrocket. Meaning, not only are families struggling to grow and store crops — they can't afford to buy food.
But you can change someone's life today.
When you fundraise or donate to Mercy Corps, you help us:
- Give people emergency food, high-protein supplements and cash
- Create jobs for men and women so they can support their families
- Support 8 nutritional screening centers that help treat malnourished children
- Help farmers keep their animals and crops healthy
- Prepare communities to become more resilient to drought and food shortages, now and into the future.
Our work is only possible because of donors and fundraisers, just like you. Join us.
Mercy Corps team
PS: Learn more about our work in Niger by visiting: www.mercycorps.org/niger