Save A Rescue wrote -
In the short time since our August, 2015 launch, the SaveARescue Team of Volunteers have successfully help reunite, save and/or been involved with transporting to safety over 800 Dogs and Cats. We’ve learned a lot. Now our savvy Staff, with oodles of experience in Operations, Coordinating and a passion for Making A Positive Difference, are ready to save many more pet's lives with the addition of these vans that will be used to transport dozens of Dogs & Cats every day from "High Kill" Euthanasia situations to "No Kill" Shelters, Rescues and Sanctuaries with Room to Spare. We are On The Road to creating A "No Kill" State!
Did You Know?
- Only 23 of 171 California Shelters consider themselves to be “No Kill”.
- California Shelters are forced to euthanize 800–1,200 Dogs & Cats every day due to overcrowding.
- “Pulling” & Transporting Dogs & Cats from “High Kill” to “No Kill” Rescues, Shelters & Sanctuaries with available space will save dozens/time.
- With 2 Vans we can move to safety 100’s of Dogs & Cats every month...Thousands more every Year. That’s powerful!
- We will also be using these Vans to help Rescue the "Desert Dumped Dogs & Cats" from our scorching Deserts.
Re-Location Saves Lives!
Saving 1,000's of Dogs & Cats from "Death's Door" annually
- Highly populated areas, like California, create Overcrowded “High Kill” Shelters.
- Other areas, less populated, have Shelters with Space-to-Spare.
- By Transporting the 'Over flow' in Shelters [who’s only current solution is to euthanize] ~ SaveARescue will be able to offer this smart lifesaving alternative to All "HighKill" Shelters and give these Pooches & Kitties at Death's Door a ‘2nd Chance’ that they are so deserving of.
- We have established a reliable network of “No Kill” Rescues, Shelters & Sanctuaries with flexible available space.
- The East Coast has a proven track record of transporting pets from "High Kill" to "No Kill" facilities [see accompanying video] and it’s time to create this same Life Saving Solution for California.
Our Mission & Goal is Twofold:
#1: To make California a “No Kill State” ending the Current Statistics of 800 - 1,200 Dogs & Cats being euthanized every day!
#2: Be a Role Model for other States to follow in our path….pun intended!
SaveARescue, with your donations, will quickly make ‘Euthanasia Due to Lack of Space’ ~ A Thing Of The Past!
As a 501 [c] 3 Non-Profit organization ~ we are a group of Unpaid Volunteers that passionately help “Shine The Light On…” all 13,000+ [nationwide & Canada] Dog & Cat Rescues/Shelters to their community of pet lovers.
A] We have the largest, most current listing of All Dog & Cat Rescues, Shelters and Animal Controls.
B] We proudly brag that we are the only OnLine Resource ,"Hub", taking “Live" Calls ~ 24/7, regarding any emergency Dog/Cat Rescue situation. Using our massive online database of resources, available to everyone, we rally resources in the area of the emergency and create solutions, saving dogs & cats in need.
C] Browse our listing of adoptables Dogs & Cats[100,000+].
D] Discover your favorite Pure Breed in need of Rescuing [8,000+] ~ educating Americans to Adopt not Shop!
E] Find all the Pet Services in your area [18 Categories].
F] Transporting Dogs & Cats scheduled for Euthanasia in Overcrowded Shelters. We are now expanding our goals to make make all California Shelters "No Kill" due to Over crowding and become the 1st State to be "No Kill" due to overcrowding. Acquiring 2 Vans will go a long way in transporting Dogs & Cats from "High Kill" Shelters to "No Kill" Rescues, Shelters & Sanctuaries with room to spare.
On The Road To "No Kill"
“Cause This is How We’ll Roll!”