1. Each team pledges to raise a minimum of $150
2. Each team must consist of 2 players.*
3. Each team must have a team name.
4. Each team must have an identifiable uniform on the day of the tournament (costumes are encouraged!).
5. Each team must arrive by 11:00am on the day of the tournament.
6. Cheats will be bought and issued on tournament day.
7. Each cheat purchased may be used only once.
8. Turns are timed at 2 minutes. Games are over at 45 minutes.
9. Cheating is encouraged.
* If you're having trouble finding a teammate, don't fret. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and 826CHI will try its best to match you up with another independent player.
Scrabble for Cheaters is a Scrabble tournament with a dishonest twist for an honest cause. Here’s how it works: 30 teams pledge to fundraise on behalf of 826CHI's creative writing programs. Dollars raised will be used to purchase "cheats," which can be used to decimate your opponents.
On Saturday, March 4th, after weeks of peer-to-peer fundraising, teams will go head-to-head in a Scrabble tournament, using their hard-earned arsenal of cheats to win a series of 45-minute games. Champions take home a gloriously gaudy trophy, prizes, and critical acclaim for eternity.
This year, we aim to raise $25,000. Every donation helps ensure that each of our 2,400+ students can attend our literary arts programs, free-of-cost.
Can we count on your trickery?
This year, Scrabble for Cheaters will be hosted at WeWork.
20 West Kinzie Street, 17th floor, Chicago IL 60654 WeWork provides small businesses, startups, freelancers, large enterprises, and everyone in between with the workspace, community, and services they need to make a life, not just a living. With weekly events, personalized support, month-to-month flexibility, and access to over 80,000 like-minded creators around the world, WeWork is the perfect place to grow your business. Book your tour here!