BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT: 2016 Shamrock Shuffle 8K
EVENT DATE: Apr 03, 2016
My sweet child was diagnosed shortly after his 2nd birthday. I don't think I really understood what it meant for my family. All I knew was that I was his mom and I needed to get him the help that he needed. Elijah has made such great progress and continues to amaze everyone. All that I do is because of him because he has certainly made me a stronger person. Please help me to spread the word about autism and the importance of caring for others that are different!
I have decided to join the the Organization for Autism Research (OAR) team! OAR is an Official Charity with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K.
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the United States is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today. Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.