BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT: 2016 Shamrock Shuffle 8K
EVENT DATE: Apr 03, 2016
ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH wrote -
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an Official Charity with the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K and is currently accepting new team members for the 2016 race.
To join the RUN FOR AUTISM team, click FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN.
There is no fundraising minimum to participate with the RUN FOR AUTISM team at the 2016 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle. Runners are invited to set their own fundraising goal for the race. Team perks start with $50 and include:
- $50: RUN FOR AUTISM t-shirt and singlet, OAR finisher's medal
- $250: Free race entry* at the 2016 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K ($50 value), and all of the above
- $1,250: Free race entry at the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon (pending availability), and all of the above
- $2,500: Special edition OAR running jacket, and all of the above
*To receive free 8K entry through OAR, runners must agree to the $250 fundraising requirement when registering on CrowdRise and will receive a special discount code to register for the race online.
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the United States is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today. Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
Questions? E-mail the RUN staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.