BENEFITING: Huntington's Disease Society of America, Inc.
EVENT: EveryWon San Diego 5k
EVENT DATE: Aug 15, 2017
By joining our run/walk team and fundraising for our San Diego Chapter, you will directly help us improve the lives of people afflicted with this terrible disease in our community.
ALL RACE PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- HDSASD team t-shirt
- Everywon San Diego event t-shirt
- Finisher's medal
- Free event photography
- New friendships/connections
- Endorphin rush of running/walking
- Satisfaction of knowing you directly helped improve the San Diego community!
Fabulous prizes for top fundraisers
- Raise $100 and receive a branded HDSASD water bottle
- Raise $200 and also receive a free HDSASD sweatshirt
- Note: These limited edition collectors items are not available for sale and are exclusively for our top fundraisers.
Huntington’s disease (HD) is a fatal genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain. It deteriorates a person’s physical and mental abilities during their prime working years and has no cure. HD is known as the quintessential family disease because every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of carrying the faulty gene. Today, there are approximately 30,000 symptomatic Americans and more than 200,000 at-risk of inheriting the disease.
The Huntington's Disease Society of America is the premier nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by Huntington’s disease. From community services and education to advocacy and research, HDSA is the world’s leader in providing help for today and hope for tomorrow for people with Huntington’s disease and their families.
HDSA's network of chapters, affiliates, HDSA Centers of Excellence, social workers and support groups provides a seamless connection for help, education and outreach to HD families and health care professionals across the United States.