BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
I had so much fun running the New York City Marathon for the Robin Hood Foundation last year that I decided to do it again! This year, my goal is to raise $2,620 – that’s $100 per mile – for my neighbors in need.
Raising money for Robin Hood means so much to me because despite New York being one of the wealthiest cities in the world, we still have nearly 2 million New Yorkers living in poverty. New Yorkers in need face a daily struggle because poverty comes in many forms: it affects the body when you are hungry or cold; it affects the mind when you lack an education; and it affects opportunity when it seems doors are closed. To date, the Race for Robin Hood marathon team has raised over $6 million to aid poverty-fighting efforts. The Foundation has a 15:1 return on each dollar invested. Look at what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.
If you would like more information about Robin Hood’s approach and impact, please visit www.robinhood.org
Thank you again for being a poverty-fighting, goal-supporting friend. I hope to see you cheering along the marathon course on November 6th.