One of the TOP Fundraisers!!!!
January 10, 2017
BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
I am so excited to be running my first marathon in NYC!!! In the last 9 years I have stepped out of my comfort zone and run ragnar relays, mud runs and half marathons. This year I turn 40 and decided to try the BIG ONE. My husband, Gary ran the NYC Marathon in 2011. He ran for Robin Hood and had an amazing experience. I have learned so much about the Foundation since then and thought they were a perfect fit. Below is just a brief overview of how amazing this Foundation is. Please support me and The Robin Hood Foundation.
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised over $6 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
On race day, November 6, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends as we cheer these real-life heroes on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 feeds a family of three for a week.
- $100 provides one night of safe shelter for a family.
- $360 provides a single immigrant mother with a microloan to start her own business.
- $450 provides immigrant students with a college counselor to help prepare applications for schools, scholarships, and financial aid.
- $1000 provides regular asthma treatment to a child, so they can take fewer sick days from school.