BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
I have decided to run the NYC Marathon with The Robin Hood Foundation. This is my 22nd Marathon, and my first run with this team. I really believe in this organization, and am excited to be a part of it in this capacity that means so much to me personally. Please see below for more information about these important projects.
Robin Hood is proud to participate in the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon. Our team of 100 runners will commit to training and raising money with the promise that 100% of every dollar will be used for Robin Hood’s relentless fight against poverty. It’s no small thing: to date, Race for Robin Hood has raised nearly $5 million dollars to aid poverty-fighting efforts.
On race day, November 1, we invite you to join Robin Hood staff, family and friends as we cheer these real-life heroes on at Mile 20 in the Bronx.
Please help support these runners and their mission to fight poverty. You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Robin Hood team. Look what your support can help do for the city of New York:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.