BENEFITING: Robin Hood
ORGANIZER: Robin Hood
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2015
YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Many of you know I'm very honored to be a part of the Robin Hood Foundation and its efforts to fight poverty in New York City. This organization has provided me with a meaningful and personal connection to the greatest city in the world; allowing me to have an impact on this unique and awe-inspiring community.
So many of you have helped me fundraise in the past - and now I'm asking again for your support. On November 1st, I will be running the NYC Marathon with Team Robin Hood. I am nervous (definitely terrified) and excited for a challenge I've never experienced, but mostly, I am so proud to be a part of this great effort and hope you will join me in making a difference.
To date, Robin Hood has raised more than $1.95 billion in dollars, goods and services to provide hundreds of the most effective soup kitchens, homeless shelters, schools, job-training and other vital services that give New York’s neediest citizens the tools they need to build better lives.
To put it in perspective:
- $50 covers the daily wage for one formerly homeless man to participate on a work crew assignment that prepares him for full-time employment.
- $75 provides a day of high quality preschool for one child.
- $100 connects one low-income family to public benefits, social services, and employment counseling.
- $200 helps a woman secure a $1,500 micro-loan to help her launch or expand her own business.
- $750 provides a year of basic literacy training and G.E.D. test preparation for one student.
- $1000 pays for health care for one adolescent for one year.
Give what you can, and truly know how much your support, in any and every way, means to me as a friend or colleague or as family, and what your contribution will mean for New York City and the Robin Hood Foundation. Thank you so much for your generosity.