Some of you may know that I spent January and February in a 60-hour medical advocacy training with Rape Victim Advocates (RVA). RVA provides healing to sexual assault survivors through non-judgmental crisis intervention counseling, individual and group counseling, and medical and legal advocacy in the greater Chicago metropolitan area. And its all free.
RVA is part of the NO MORE Challenge, a fundraising campaign launched benefiting organizations focused on ending domestic violence and sexual assault.
Please join me as we say NO MORE and stand against sexual violence.
The organization that raises the most will receive a $40,000 donation. Last year, we raised $47,000, but missed placing in the top three by only $1,000!
Every gift supports creating a society intolerant of rape. Every donation makes a difference, no matter how big or small. Here's what your generosity will do:
- $50 covers travel for one volunteer to and from a partner hospital so no survivor is left alone in the ER in the aftermath of traumatic violence.
- $100 supports counseling sessions for survivors and their loved ones.
- $250 pays for one police training session to ensure that law enforcement treat survivors with dignity, respect and compassion.
- $750 covers the cost of 3 child sexual abuse prevention workshops for children, their parents and their teachers.
- $1,000 supports the facilitation of 5 support group sessions for survivors so they can break the isolation and heal together, including specialized groups for male survivors and college students.
- $2,000 pays for one 60-hour training series for 30 new volunteers who commit to being on call 24 hours/month to support sexual assault survivors and their loved ones in the ER.
Thank you for your support!