PURSUIT OF INNOVATION via Crowdrise
January 02, 2016
BENEFITING: PURSUIT OF INNOVATION
Pursuit of innovation teaches technology skills, as well as challenges and inspires students with potential in refugee and other undeserved communities- empowering them to achieve success and influence stability in their families and communities.
100% of our students, recieve free to reduced lunches our goal, use Technology to change life perspective.
You can be part of the solution to fight poverty!!!
72% Percent of Des Moines public students are in poverty and may not attend college, yet 72 000 STEM jobs are going to be available. Your contribution will help us give the talented youth opportunities to prepare for STEM jobs and as a result reduce the poverty rate.
We are currently not funded and your support will enable us to reach our target number of students- 250 students.
By donating to PI 515 on this Go Fund Me page today, your funds will go directly towards:
- Transportation- we need a van to get the kids picked up and dropped off for programming
- Support Staff- help provide salary for key staff
- Supplies- flash drives, laptops, and everything else we use to teach
- Snacks- we try to provide a food option at each class so students are on top of their game
Students Served 2014 school year:
30 in regular Saturday class
60 at youth summit.
25 others : Students who are not able to come to class, from Perry, Omaha... etc
- Programming classes -CODE
- Youth Innovation Summit
- Student advocacy- Check grades and school visits
- Foster parent involvement
- College tours
- Community involvement
- Community tours: like art center, world food prize
- Homework help referral
- Networking opportunities
- Community education
Monday: Middle School Students
Wednesday: Girls only Class 8-9th grade Students
Saturday: High School Students
Despite some challenges we have seen a tremendous change in attitude, and overall grades.We are proud to report that our students have improved academically; some have a GPA of 4.0 and most of our students have a GPA of 3.3 and continue to improve.
- Planning to reach 250 students
- Offer more Technology, Robotic, Leadership and financial classes
-Introduce Adult basic computer classes for parents where the kids in our program will teach this classes and get certifications for teaching class.
- Continue to build on project based learning curriculum
- Reach out to more youth in the 2016 Innovation Summit
1. SILICON PRAIRIE NEWS
2. DES MOINES REGISTER
3. WHO TV
4. NATIONAL JOURNAL