BENEFITING: PILGRIM LUTHERAN CHURCH ENGLISH SYNOD
Dear Friends, Can you help pump up Pilgrim's play ground renovation phase 2? The playdeck needs help! Imagine a bright, colorful, safer, new deck–rejoined as one big space, all on one level, with more space and opportunities for fun, cooperation and imaginative play.
PLAY DECK FACTS:
* The existing play deck has a leaky roof, old uneven tiles, a chain link fence, and steep stairs.
* Chain link fence needs to be removed. We need to replace the roof and build deck to align with the roof.
* A renovation will improve the safety and visual appeal of the space and it will be a great aid in maintaining full classes. This project will have a lasting positive effect on our school environment.
* Preschoolers through 2nd grade students, after school care, church members and a community summer enrichment program will benefit from this space.
* Children need a safe place to play, have fun, use their energy, learn cooperation, use their imagination, and improve their gross motor skills. All of these combined will make happy students and teachers, and families!
* If funds allow, we will add new feature on the play deck and continue to make additional improvements for the larger play lot. At this time, we are reaching out to our current families, alumni, church members and friends of Pilgrim community to ask for your financial support. We aim to raise a total of $50,000 and we've set a goal of $20,000 for this on-line portion. All aspects of fundraising, project management and architectural planning are completed by volunteers. 100% of your tax-deductible donation goes directly to the project! It is our goal to have these improvements available to our students in time for the 2016-2017 school year and we ask for your support. Will you consider making a gift of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000 or more? There are 3 ways to contribute:
* at the auction’s fund-a-project portion on April 30th,
* make a contribution at this website www.crowdrise.com or
* mail in a donation to the school office at 4300 N. Winchester, Chicago 60613 write attn: play lot renovation
We thank you for sharing your time and treasure and continuing to make Pilgrim Lutheran School a place that continues to teach “academic excellence with a heart”.
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact Tricia Koning ( firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-848-3265) or talk with Principal Chris Comella or Pastor Kristian Johnson at 773-477-4824. With sincere thanks, the Play Lot Committee: Tricia Koning, Chris Comella, Mindy Wieland, Chad Smith, Jim Volkens and John Llewellyn