PULSE via Crowdrise
October 07, 2015
For the first time in PULSE’s twenty year history, we’ve decided to expand our flagship program in the East End to the Northside of Pittsburgh. In August, we will welcome fourteen additional participants to four houses and create a “Northside Cohort”.
We look forward to our move to the Northside and the ways that we can give back to young adults, nonprofits and Northside neighborhoods and residents. As we impact the lives of more people and organizations, we are faced with additional expenses.
Would you please join us in “NORTHSIDE: LOOKING FORWARD AND GIVING BACK” with a gift of support toward our goal of raising $80,000 to support this next phase of PULSE?
In total, we will welcome 32 young adults to “cultivate a larger community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh”. 32 PULSErs next year!
The total cost of this expansion is about $400,000. We are looking for individuals and organizations to raise 20% of our total amount. Some goals and plans for this next phase of expansion in PULSE are:
- Bring 16 additional young adults and contribute 30,000 hours of service to the city and its residents
- Reclaim vacant land next to our properties into community space (community garden, outdoor theater, music playground, aquaponics, bioshelter, little free library, etc. dependent on neighborhood needs and interests)
- Utilize additional rooms and spaces in house for special projects and/or internal/external community building (similar to Art Skill Share) (i.e., yoga studio, tutoring center, food bank, etc.)
- Drastically reduce or eliminate stormwater runoff using rain gardens, rain barrels, and/or a cistern.
- Use garage in back of house for special projects and/or internal/external community building (similar to Beatty Bike Co-op) (i.e., woodshop, welding studio, tool lending library, etc.)
- Listen, Learn and Love (A Lot)
All money raised will go to our program. Nothing will go toward adminstration, staffing, renovations, etc. from this campaign.