Preservation Ride 2015
EVENT DATE: Sep 19, 2015
Upstate Forever's Preservation Ride is a great way for cyclists of all ability levels to get together and ride some of the most scenic and spectacular routes in the Upstate of South Carolina. Our 3 courses weave their way through the rolling horse and farm country of northern Spartanburg County, while the longer 75 mile route offers the challenge of climbing Skyuka Mountain Road in North Carolina. Tour de France Stage winner, George Hincapie has called Skyuka his, “favorite mountain in all of the Carolinas.” Come see why it’s one of George’s favorite training rides. We have also plotted a bypass if you prefer to skip the challenging 2800+ ft. climb. The 40 and 75 mile route also have a rest stop at Greenspace of Fairview, the largest easement protected by Upstate Forever at 1,331 acres. Greenspace of Fairview is defined by beautiful rolling pasture and almost two miles of frontage on the North Pacolet River. It includes mixed hardwood forests, some of which are old growth and self-replicating, as well as several threatened and endangered species of flora. The Preservation Ride is a great way for you to show your support for one of the Upstate's most respected and effective conservation organizations! We're excited to announce we have a new jersey for 2015 designed for us by Hincapie Sportswear. This year we've lowered the fundraising requirements to qualify for one of our beautiful custom jerseys to just $125! We're working on gathering some really great prizes for those that sign up on CrowdRise and raise additional funds for Upstate Forever. We’ll also have random giveaways for anyone that registers on CrowdRise and raises any dollar amount. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions about setting up your CrowdRise and good luck!
Take a look at what past riders have said about the Preservation Ride:
- "I felt like I could have just kept riding for hours longer, taking in the day and the beauty around us."
- "Absolutely beautiful scenery along the ride."
- "Excellent!!! Can not say enough about the food and people helping out."
- "Favorite course for such an event. BY FAR."
- "Of all the rides I've experienced in the past 2 years, this has to be one of my favorites. From the organization that it supports to the views that you can experience, it's one of the best in the area. The routes are well marked and well supported, and it definitely is as challenging of an experience as you make it. Having now done both the 40 and 75 mile routes, neither disappoint."
- "This is a great ride and I feel the ONLY way you could improve the experience is to pedal for me so I can look around more:))"
- "I'm spreading the word about how much fun my son and I had! The routes and road surfaces were terrific."
- "Realistically, it is one of the best rides I've ever done."
- "The route was best I've ever ridden, beautiful and challenging."
- "One of the best organized rides I've ever been on."