People Incorporated is the largest non-profit mental health services organization in the Twin Cities Metro area, serving 9500 individuals last year in seven divisions. The Children's and Family Services Division features a School Linked Mental Health Program. School Linked services are evidence based, proven to assist youth in accessing the help they need to improve their overall education/future outcomes. Students from elementary to high school age meet with People Incorporated providers in four different school districts and are able to request service for themselves or refer others. Many of these children wouldn't otherwise get the support they need to deal with illnesses that are treatable, but harder for many families to face or recognize.
Mission Statement: Supporting mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care.
We will be a leading community partner in the provision of continuum driven, integrated care based in best practice.
- Improves the quality of life for individuals and families experiencing barriers to mental health and wellness
- Collaborates with others to provide programs and services that demonstrate positive results
- Provides shared learning experiences to promote skills and support in the community
- Influences public attitude about mental health, affects changes in public policy and promotes public awareness
- Responds to the changing complexity of our community through a model of integrated care