BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
It has now increased to 1 in 41 in my home state of New Jersey.
Autism prevalence figures are growing.
Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism.
There is no medical detection or cure for autism.
Running this marathon is an honor and a priviledge. I hope you will help me meet my goal and donate to this cause.
These children need our help.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.