BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
My name is Johanna I am the mother of a of two beautiful girls Kelly 14 and Hermione 12 years old with Autism. I am running because running became the relaxation I needed. This charity is a great example of what they are doing to help the Autism Community.
ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH wrote -
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an Official Charity Partner of the TCS New York City Marathon and has a limited number of guaranteed entries available for the race on November 6, 2016.
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.