BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
Hi everyone! I am running in the NYC Marathon on November 6th for the Organization for Autism Research.
What is the Organization for Autism Research?
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) was created in December 2001– the product of the shared vision and unique life experiences of OAR’s seven founders. Led by these parents and grandparents of children and adults on the autism spectrum, OAR set out to use applied science to answer questions that parents, families, individuals with autism, teachers and caregivers confront daily. No other autism organization has this singular focus.
Why am I running for OAR?
1 in 68 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, I'm supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
How can you help?
Every penny counts! Any amount that you can donate will be going towards funding the areas mentioned above, and more.