Our new year's resolution is to send the teens in ChildServ's group homes on a winter retreat. A generous private lodge in Rockford has donated space so our teens can have a weekend trip filled with cross country skiing, cooking up great holiday foods, and doing art therapy projects.
Led by a licensed clinical professional counselor, this retreat will help our youth make strides in their personal therapy goals and form a stronger family unit.
We seek $2,000 in donations to make this retreat a really tremendous experience for our kids. Your support would provide:
- art supplies for each client to create a large art project;
- transportation to and from the lodge;
- breakfast treats and cooking supplies for group meals;
- Coping Skills Kits, including stress balls, tea, fuzzy socks, therapeutic coloring books and pencils and essential oils;
- albums for each child with photos from the retreat; and
- retreat t-shirts.
About ChildServ's Group Homes:
ChildServ’s group homes provide safe, supportive places for youth ages 12-19 who have suffered from trauma. These 18 teens live in a home environment, receive quality therapy and the encouragement they need to finish high school so they can become empowered adults.
- ChildServ operates three residential homes in DuPage County, in Downers Grove, Lisle and Naperville.
- Our teens live in supportive environments that build self-esteem, self-confidence, self-control, positive life goals and promote responsibility and good citizenship.
- ChildServ’s staff helps the youth explore and pursue educational and career opportunities.
- Group home supervisors build community relationships to foster the well-rounded behavioral, educational, emotional and social development of each teen.