Welcome to the Fall 2020 Fundraising campaign for Wings Learning Center! Our mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) throughout their lifespan. Since 2001, when Wings was founded, we have been helping students grow, learn, and become more independent.
As you know, the Covid-19 pandemic has affected all school-aged children. The impact has been especially acute for those living with autism who struggle with challenges in adapting to safety guidelines. Although school districts and private fee-for-service cover a portion of the expenses, there are costs that are not covered. Here is where we need your help:
- We provide 1:1 staff to student ratio, which is required to make our program effective. Our Instructional Assistants work more hours than the school districts provide.
- We need new cameras for security and monitoring.
- We need a new air conditioning unit to ensure safe air quality on campus.
- The Music Therapy program, which is essential at eliciting communication, is not funded by the school districts.
- Family Support is needed much more during Covid-19. Students need extra help in using technology to access distance learning.
Our staff has been working diligently to provide a robust distance learning program both virtually and on site. Any amount that you donate will help Wings continue our much-needed programs for students with autism.