Each year, Ray & Raymond Autogroup partners with the USO of Illinois to raise funds for their local community of military families. Their goal each year remains the same; to raise over $10,000 in funds during the USO BBQ from both great locations in Fox Lake and Antioch, which they plan to accomplish again this year.
As proud members of the Chicago Automobile Trade Association, in partnership with the USO of Illinois, it is a mission of all of their locations (Ray Chevrolet, Ray CDJR in Fox Lake, Raymond Chevrolet, and Raymond Kia in Antioch) to help their community of military families find relief from the support of the USO of Illinois.
The Force Behind the Forces:
- Serving more than 326,000 annually at the USO of Illinois
- 78 Year History of Service
- 501(c)(3) non-profit
- We are not part of the U.S. government
- The USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation
- USO of Illinois supports active duty, guard and reserve military; their dependents, families of the fallen, families through the USO centers, military family programs and community connection programs
- There are approximately 3.5 million active duty, guard, reserve service members in the military today with an additional 2.7 million military family members
- Around 50% are under the age of 25
Why the USO provides support:
- Nearly half of the families are separated for 6+ months at a time
- Over half have a child who experiences separation anxiety/ sleeping problems due to their parent’s deployment
- 13% of active duty service members have had thoughts of suicide during their time in the military
- Nearly 50% feel like they don’t belong in the local civilian community
- 62% face high stress due to their current financial situation
- 72% cannot obtain reliable childcare
Why you should support the USO of Illinois:
- $5 = The cost to support 3 service members visiting our O’Hare Centers.
- $10 = Can provide 2 sailors a free hot meal the night before pay day at USO Great Lakes.
- $34 = Is the cost to provide access to USO Military Youth Programs for one military child.
- $100 = Can provide financial support to more than 25 different military family members over the holidays.