Wheels & Wineries is a cycling event to support video workshops with foster youth and to raise awareness for CASA organizations. Cycle scenic roads and then relax outdoors at a vineyard.
Three wineries are participating. They each have delicious wines, and beautiful settings for kicking back and enjoying life: Mountain View Vineyards, Big Creek Vineyard and Eagles Rest Cellars.
All routes start and end at Mountain View Vineyard and Winery with parking available.
Choose your challenge:
Ride One (Roundtrip between two wineries): 24 miles
Ride Two (Roundtrip between two wineries): Approx. 40 miles and 2400ft elevation gain
Ride Three (Full Loop all three wineries): Approx. 55 miles and 4000ft elevation gain
Fourth Option is a One Way from winery 1 to winery 3: 12 miles
This is not a group ride. This is a self-guided ride. You'll receive a link to the route map and cue sheet after registration. Start your ride solo or with a small group at any time within these staggered start times - NOTE: start times have changed:
· Ride One and Two: start between 8:30 am and 11:00am
· Ride Three: start anytime after 8:00 am (and finish ride by 3pm)
Staggered start times provide safety precautions—avoiding large groups on the roads.
All registered cyclists are requested to raise money, a minimum of $20, as part of their participation. The registered cyclist who raises the most money will receive a prize.
100% of donations will go to Yellow Hat Films for workshops and equipment.
All registered cyclists will receive an email with:
·map location of winery and instructions for parking
·Route Map - PDF to print and a link for phone app
·a cue sheet for printing
·a winery ‘passport’ to print and bring to event
·a waiver to sign and return
·tips on safe road cycling
About the route roads
• Routes follow lightly traveled roads, but there are a few segments that require travel on busier roads
• A couple roads are a little bumpy and we’ll indicate this on the cue sheets
• Ride Three (56-miles) appeals to the more experienced cyclist, or any cyclist looking for a challenge.
• This cycling event does not include SAG (Support and Gear) Assistance during the ride.
• Stops at the wineries will have a volunteer on site and water, fruit, nuts, snacks, bathrooms available.
• There are no designated rest stops in between the wineries. (We can provide recommendations on places to stop.)
Required for this ride:
• Bicycle helmet and bicycle in good working order
• Blinky lights (safety lights) front and back
• Cyclists must obey the rules of the road
• Mask or face covering required at wineries
• Cell phone, fully charged, with route downloaded for navigation (and/or cue sheet)
• Signed Waiver
About Yellow Hat Films: Yellow Hat Films Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit dedicated to providing creative media tools and video training to foster youth (and other under-represented youth) to give them a voice in a complex system.
About CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate): A CASA is a trained citizen who is appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court.